Saturday, March 20, 2010

Off Target


Oh what a joy it is to go shopping with children. This time I had the rare opportunity to go shopping with only one child, Ben. So I cruised down every aisle and had my cart loaded to the brim. I have not really shopped since vacation, so this was a biggie kind of trip. Not to mention that we have a double birthday party tomorrow, and Ben's gifts too. The checkout girl is ringing me up and I dig into my purse for my wallet and "crap, oh crap." "Be there, come on, be there." "Crap." I do not have my wallet. I offer a shy smile to the cashier while still panicking and tell her I do not have my wallet. She tells me not to fret and to go to my car and look for it and she will save my stuff for me when I get back. The wallet is NOT in the car. I call Jeff whose car I drove to my run this morning (Jeff just drove to Atlanta!!!) and ask if my wallet is in his car. He says no, so there is hope that it is at home. I slap Ben back in his car seat and drive home at warp speed, a safe warp speed. Praise the Lord, my wallet is on the kitchen table!!!! I drive back to Target and hope that my items have not been re-shelved. I owe a huge thank you to the cashier whose name I do not know on checkout 18 who rang up and bagged all of my items and left them at Guest Services before she went home. I love you Target girl. It took me about 20 mins to come back and I just knew they had sent my stuff back to the shelves. Thank goodness for nice people and the moral of the story is to check your purse for your wallet before you leave for the store.

No comments: