Saturday, March 13, 2010

Blood, sweat, tears, and a lot of fun. AKA: Jackson Hole

What fun! What a rare and wonderful time we had to have a vacation without children, with some of our best friends, and in such beautiful surroundings! What pain. What suffering. What enjoyment. What a delightful and miserable time we had. I am exaggerating on the misery, but you know the day you can't see your kid is the day you want to see them! Jeff, Shaf, Melinda, and myself had a wonderful time exploring Jackson Hole, WY and "perfecting" our snowboarding skills. I suppose I should have researched the fact that Jackson Hole was not an easy mountain. It seems that everyone knew that but me. Jeff and I have snowboarded twice before, and successfully done "blue" slopes, but not these! Ouch. Oooooh. Oooooops. Aggggghhhhh. I did it, I did it!!!! We did it! The learning curve was steep and we had a wonderful time, despite the extensive fatigue and the "Tailbone McTwister that I landed at the end of the last day. It was truly a wonderful vacation filled with the joy of good friendship, the beauty of the mountains, and the rush of speed. Having said that, we did thoroughly enjoy the "spa day" in which we all received deep tissue massages and spent the day exploring the sites and shops of Jackson Hole. We saw a moose, a beaver, a muskrat, an eagle, and a few hundred elk. What a brilliant place, and what an amazing opportunity to explore new things and to rejuvenate old friendships.










1 comment:

JLP said...

Great pictures and great post, refreshed and re-newed to jump back into the madness!