This morning I put on my running shoes and headed out for my first run with Team in Training. I have dabbled in running before, but have not been in the greatest of shape lately. I am very proud of myself though, as I ran 4 miles in 33 degree weather without stopping, and felt great at the end too! I am very excited that I will be running the Country Music Half Marathon on April 24th with Team in Training. I am working out with the team 2 times a week and on my own 4 days a week. It is doing to be a challenge, but well worth it. Team in Training benefits the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, which donates money to research for a cure, and also directly to patients. It is the only organization that donates money directly to the patients themselves. I know too many people who have had blood cancers. Some survived, and some did not. No one ever thinks that it will be them, but it very well could be me or a member of my family who is diagnosed next. Please help me raise money for my race with Team in Training and help find a cure for Leukemia and Lymphoma!
Here is my Team in Training website.
http://pages.teamintraining.org/nc/cmc10/ghouse1gpo
No comments:
Post a Comment