Monday, December 27, 2010

A tale of two stockings

Mom has made Christmas stockings for every child, grandchild, niece, nephew and anyone else she can find for the last 40 or so years. The stocking on the left is 33 years old and the stocking on the right is about a month old. My original and much loved stocking, has been missing since our move from Greensboro to Concord and this year I finally asked my mom for a new one. I mean, it made sense since the 3 other stockings were larger and more up to date. I was saddened by the disappearance of my original stocking, but glad to see the new updated one with the "Ginger House" on it.  As I packed away the Christmas goodies today, I sorted through a box of miscellaneous items and found my  beloved 33 year old stocking! Ahhh, my plan has worked. Just kidding. I am grateful to have found the original and so delighted to have the new and improved version as well. The best of both worlds. Thanks Momma.

No comments: