Saturday, July 4, 2009

Be afraid, very afraid.


Audrey got a birdhouse kit for her birthday last year, so she painted it and we put it together and Jeff hung it on her playhouse in the backyard. Very soon after putting it up we had a resident! A blue bird, (blue in color, I don't actually know what variety of bird it is) set up camp and started building a nest. We saw 3 eggs in there very soon after and have enjoyed watching them hatch and have spied on them several times. They are getting pretty big now, and every time I go out there to try to look or get a picture this week Mama bird dive bombs my head and tries to gouge my eyes out. She has it out for me!!! Doesn't that bird go anywhere to get food for her babies? I have had to hit the deck and run for my life a few times. I guess I'll give up now. She's relentless. I'm officially scared of her.

No comments: